Working Capital Loans Suspended?!

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys. Does anyone know how we contact actual PayPal staff now. Aware they will be lower staffed but it’s starting to feel like there just is not working service whatsoever. Like many many others, I have had eight previous PayPal working capital loans. I’m now being denied for another, right when my business desperately needs it. There are no blips in my sales or account that would explain it, and I already know this is usually an algorithm issue. I’ve waited a week now. Still denied. Still the same error codes that everyone else is getting right now. Staff have apparently been telling people to just keep trying. I think this is incredibly dishonest of PayPal, if actually, they just are not approving loans during this period. If PayPal are not offering the service right now, why are they leaving it available to apply online? Why are staff seemingly clueless and just reciting rubbish off a script saying to keep trying. It’s unfair on those staff and in customers if PayPal are not being transparent. We deliberately do not take the offer of shopify payments because we have always had PayPal WC and would rather have PayPal as the only payment option. Given how much money PayPal get from successful businesses, it seems incredibly stupid to tighten up the drawbridge and not help them survive through this time. Online sales are booming, and many businesses will either go elsewhere if they can’t get approved (maybe this is why they are not being honest and leaving people hanging) or something businesses might just fold when they would have survived. PayPal doesn’t gain from that either.
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Dav1111
Contributor
Contributor

You are not alone, I have had 6 loans and now for the last week (since May 30th) I am stuck on code DLGJ0710. I have contacted paypal through their messenger/chat function and the last message I got is this  - As of the moment, PayPal working Capital do not have a chat line that I can endorse you over. It is possible that due to the current situation, all applications are being declined. Though I cannot confirm this, as this can only be answered by them. You can try calling them once our phone line normalise.

Login to Me Too

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor
I haven’t even bothered calling them. There are so many posts saying that people have called and just been sent on a wild goose chase because PayPal staff answering the phones have absolutely no idea what is going on. Is there a way to get someone at PayPal to acknowledge this issue and make a formal statement to update people? I don’t have twitter but i wonder if people started using that , they may have to actually respond. It seems very wrong to just leave so many businesses constantly applying for weeks on end, having been lied to that it will approve and being denied. Many merchants have also paid off the previous loan early in order to get an advance (myself included) after confirming with PayPal staff that there was no reason to think they’d be denied. This is truly awful if PayPal are actually not approving anyone at all.
Login to Me Too

robynnstorey
Contributor
Contributor

I called them several times before paying off the last $8K of my loan and was told that while the numbers have changed (I was previously eligible for 300K, now the max is $75K) that they were still approving loans.  So I paid mine off, waited a week and now they are declining it.  Twice.  I was told my business was not eligible after using them for merchant processing for 15+ years and millions in transactions.  Very disappointing.  

RMS4937
Login to Me Too

Dav1111
Contributor
Contributor
I was told something similar about a £50k cap but was assured there were no policy or algorithm changes. So I did the same, paid it off. I have called PayPal main number and tweeted PayPal support but no luck, it’s like a kafkaesque nightmare, there is no to answer the calls, the main PayPal messenger service has different permutations of what they think is happening, but ultimately tell you to call PPWC phone line which in U.K. at least is not manned.
Login to Me Too

robynnstorey
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, very, very frustrating! 

RMS4937
Login to Me Too

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor
Precisely. Given the lengths industries have had to go to, you would think a company who operates entirely over technology... could provide customer service even through a pandemic. Other far less suited industries are managing, but PayPal? Did everyone just get sent home in March?!
Login to Me Too

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor
@robynnstorey exactly what I was told. I get that they can’t guarentee your approval. But I asked in advance if my account was in good standing and if they had tightened up on lending. I was told no, there are no restrictions or changes in policy, we are still lending as normal, and your account looks fine. I paid off the last chunk with all I had left. And now this. And not a word from PayPal. I’ve checked social media and there is no kind of statement or announcement, yet this clearly is an issue affecting many of us.
Login to Me Too

Crofoot73
Contributor
Contributor
ive talked to 5 different customer service agents and never get the same story as to why I'm getting denied from too many sales to link your bank account. Ive nevet had my account linked before and have had two loans one for $20000. They say they are still giving loans but I havent talked to anyone who has gotten approved
Login to Me Too

Dav1111
Contributor
Contributor
These are the collection of answers I have received for the decline codes since May 30th when I paid off my last loan with a lump sum (kicking myself for doing that) - You are applying too early wait 5 working days - You should keep applying every day as many times as you can. @paypalsupport suggested that since Covid-19 PPWC has now become an invite only service and if you are not selected by email or by a message through PayPal then you cannot apply for PPWC. @Webform are saying that they don’t know why I am being declined but try again in 2 weeks but don’t apply every week. I think I have taken this as far as I can, the answer is that no one knows. I’m not sure what else I ought to do. I should have read the community forum weeks ago before clearing my last loan.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.