Working Capital Code DLGJ0738

RusticDiva
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know what this code means when applying for a subsequent working capital loan. I manually paid my 2nd loan off and am hoping it was not a mistake. It was a calculated business decision and I would have never done so if I had any idea there would be an issue with another loan. I applied and was declined. I have paid off 2 loans with no issues.

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

hrussio
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone had any luck after getting this code?  How long did it take after you paid off your last loan?  I'm getting this code.  I was told by a rep yesterday that it just wants to see how you process your next sale, and after a sale comes in to reapply and it should be fine.  Well, did that with no luck so not sure how accurate their answer was.  Sales are up since my last loan, and also paid the last loan off quickly.  No cases, no issues.  Not sure what is hanging it up, and can't get a solid answer from Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

hrussio
Contributor
Contributor

So I called them again yesterday and had a lengthy conversation with the rep.  I was basically told I did too well last month, and the algorithm looks for basically close to the same amounts of revenue each month.  For example, if June and July are around $5k in sales each, and in August you have $7k in sales it basically flags you and doesn't give you an offer because it is looking for consistent sales I was told.  So not only if you have a drop in sales you get penalized (which would make sense), but if you have an increase in sales you get penalized (which does not make sense to me).  When I spoke to the rep I told him that because of working capital and new inventory I was able to get an increase in sales.  That's why there is a month better then the last.  He said we know that because of human factor but the algorithm doesn't.  And no one is manually looking at anything.  So apparently in my case, I did too well last month.  And of course the famous last words...just keep applying.  Frustrating.  I never thought I'd be penalized for having an increase in sales. 

Login to Me Too

loopycatuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Im now getting this code. Did you ever get approved please? 😞 

Login to Me Too

hrussio
Contributor
Contributor

(Deleted for duplicate post. Sorry all.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.