Working Capital Code DLGJ0738

RusticDiva
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know what this code means when applying for a subsequent working capital loan. I manually paid my 2nd loan off and am hoping it was not a mistake. It was a calculated business decision and I would have never done so if I had any idea there would be an issue with another loan. I applied and was declined. I have paid off 2 loans with no issues.

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

I recommend contacting Working Capital for more information on the code you mentioned.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Bumbumbabies
New Community Member
I’ve had the same issue. I had two PPWC so far and I paid mine off a month ago. I’ve been denied ever since. I called and keep getting different excuses. First was I didn’t make enough for the month of June compared to the previous months. They told me if I could bring my sales up, I would probably get approved. I made 9k in June and 10-11k in the 3 previous months. I brought it up to 11k, got denied again because I had a 3% average return rate. They said try to not have as many returns for the week and try again, denied. I called and they said their reports are monthly, weekly and daily, so now I should wait until August.
Login to Me Too

BayouBling
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, were you ever able to get one? I am on my first loan about to pay it off and concerned. I got the loan in August my sales in Sept was good but October dropped a bit, I mean all sales flatuate right. 

Login to Me Too

Kendrabo
Contributor
Contributor
I just got the same code. Has anyone foud out what it means?
Login to Me Too

Safroniart
Contributor
Contributor
I was told by PayPal support that it means inconsistent sales numbers.
Login to Me Too

wickedcleancah
Contributor
Contributor
Hahahaha are you serious? This is ridiculous. So much scrutiny. I too have gotten this code upon completion of my second loan. It’s kinda pathetic to be honest. I’m leaning towards a major drop / complete termination with PayPal altogether. I’ve never felt so lousy for paying off something so quickly. This might of been it for me.
Login to Me Too

Designsllc
PayPal working capital newbie here. Applying for a new 10k loan at 30% of sales. Im getting quoted a $400 fee... is that on top of 30% of all sales?? I'm confused as it says total $10400 owed? Does anyone know?
Login to Me Too

danielquasar
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently having this same problem, and by the sounds of it many others too. Sounds like PayPal is super generous at first and then pulls the plug no matter how well you are doing. Frustrating really. I'm basically **bleep** cause this loan system really was helping my business. Things just got a lot more difficult. But hey, at least they got their fees, right?

Login to Me Too

dave2020
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get approved? I just paid off my first loan and now I am getting the 738 code. What does it mean? I got anxious and applied again right away - maybe I applied too soon after getting the payoff notice on the first loan. 

My monthly sales dropped slightly compared to when I got the first loan, but were relatively steady and went back up 33% last month. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.