Will Paypal in Australia cease accepting credit cards

Russel50
New Community Member

I received a message on my phone that Paypal will cease accepting credit cards in Australia effective from 29 June 2021

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Russel50,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. 

Unfortunately, the PayPal Here mobile card reader is being depreciated in the Australian market. However, there are other ways that credit card payments can be accepted. You may find QR Code payments, Website Payments Pro, and Invoicing helpful after PayPal Here is no longer available. 

I hope this clears things up. 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

HeatherJoy
Contributor
Contributor

Only PayPal Here reader and App is disappearing. and with the hike in commission for the remaining PayPal options, I'm checking out alternatives. Zeller, although a big leap up in hardware cost, at 1.4% commission seems to be a good option. Square also offers a $59 simple card reader with 1.9% commission. Any others you've found in Australia?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.