Why is Paypal support so BAD?

DocPixel
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I don't know what the hell is going on with Paypal, but I'm pretty furious. I have a Paypal card reader that doesn't work, a Here app that doesn't work, and a support system that doesn't work. 

I've been reading from other members here about long, useless waits for phone support, where people give up after an hour's wait. And although Live Chat and auto call back has been invented, Paypal doesn't seem to know about them.

I tried the Twitter support, and all I got there was pasted text from the website that didn't answer my question at all.

I haven't tried the oh-so-generous 2 hours a week that the moderator team offers here, but it seems likely that the line would be long, and they probably stop right when the hour ends. 

I guess Paypal just doesn't care about helping their merchant members. At this point I'd just like to return the reader that doesn't work. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

temp201909092m
New Community Member
I have had such a horrible experience with PayPal even when I reported a dispute my account has been turned off even though they were aware of the problem. I had to go through my bank to get it resolved since all PayPal support does is copy and paste. I will never advise PayPal to anyone again. It has gone way down hill.
Login to Me Too

Max2engineer
Contributor
Contributor

I've waited 8 hours. The messaging staff are lazy & stupid. Brainless **bleep** ethan too stupid to read a previous message & made an **bleep** of himself & wasted my time. I've been issued a new mastercard & can't update my expiry date & CCV. Told it's a security glitch & need to wait for phone staff to repair. That could be months with the CCP virus around. One girl Nessa knows the fix but can't get her back. F**kin fools the lot of them. Now giving card details over the internet. PayPal's massive loss. 

Login to Me Too

BLUEBLOOD
Contributor
Contributor
Even I am facing the same worst support system of PayPal. They have put limitation on my account and when I contacted their customer care by phone they asked me to send an email. When I sent the email and asked some questions about the limitation put on my account, simply they replied with copy and paste content from their website after two days. They didn't even addressed to my questions. PayPal offers the worst custom customer support for merchants. I will hardly think about using it again.
Login to Me Too

Ziadjbt78
Contributor
Contributor
Indeed PayPal support has become extremely bad they simply don't answer your tickets back. That bad! Despite my regular and continuous follow ups there's literally no one who is bothering reading my tickets and entertaining my inquiries and requests. Things are going down hill in a vertical pattern. Very sad and frustrating indeed.
Login to Me Too

Solar_Gal
Contributor
Contributor

The stupidity of the support team is MIND NUMBING. I am trying to send money to one of my sales guys but they have stopped the transaction until I give them the birthday of the customer he sold that was mentioned in the notes to track the payment.

We have gone round and round with customer service for days over this ( I sent the money using Zelle the next day ) they don't seem to be able to understand. Even stranger is they go the amount of the transfer wrong. They said it was $1000 when it was actually $500.  I thought it was a scam at first. but my account is actually locked until they get the birthdate !!!!

--- LAST MESSAGE

" You are asking for the birth date of a customer when I am sending money to my sales agent( you think its $1000 but if you ACTUALLY read the transfer you will see it is $500 ). Think of it this way. If I was sending YOU money but palpal would not complete the transaction unless you give them the birthdate of your neighbor. "

Any suggestions besides calling and sitting on hold for an hour to speak with an IDIOT in the Philippines?

Login to Me Too

Abcplumbingct
New Community Member
This is the worst way to complete a transaction in my opinion. Been dealing with these monsters for 2 days trying to get my transaction off hold. I’m a plumber and completed services for a happy customer and he wanted to use his card so I obliged. Looked like I received it and went on my way. Eventually it got to the point where we did a 3 way call with a pay pal representative and still nothing! Even with the customer stating he was happy with my work and was ok with paying me they wanted a 2 day review. 48 hours later still nothing and they now want my customer to go through more of a headache of completing “5 easy steps” . Bottom line i am furious with their service and will NEVER use pay pal again. I will even go out of my way to tell other contractors I know to RUN from pay pal. What a joke.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.