Why is PayPal Stealing from me?

JonMoya
Contributor
Contributor

So I had 0.83 Cents on my paypal account and I was keeping it ther to pay my ebay account 0.76 cents. Then some one bought and Xbox One from me for $ 190.00 dollars. Ther was a problem and I had to refund the buyer. So when I go back to pay pay to check my balance I only have 0.53 cents. There is not receip for any amount more than the refund. So Why is PayPal clearly stealing from me 0.30 cents. This is not the fist time I experiance this. Before when I sold something I would see that the amout was not what ebay said (and this is before ebay took it's 10% cut). But I was never sure. Now on the other hand I can clearly see it because it was in a smaller amount. I want my money back, I need my money back. Why is this happening? Why are Paypal thieves?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

JonMoya
Contributor
Contributor

See just like I said. These Fixed fees are just an excuse to take money from people "legaly". I sold an Xbox One - Original for $ 185.50 on ebay, and when I go check on paypal al I have is $ 179.80. Originally I had $ 0.53 Cents, so when adding the sell number it should give me $186.03. But I don't have that. That means that Paypal saw fit to take $ 6.23. That just finally proves my point that the Fixed Fee's of Paypal are whaterver the see fit. So it seems to me that Both Paypal and Ebay are making a busines out of people. But at leat ebay strait up tell you how much they are going to take from you.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal fee for domestic transaction,goods and services is 30 cents plus 2.9%

so for payment of 185.50,the Paypal fee is 5.3795 plus 0.30 = 5.6795,round it to 5.68,leaving you with 179.82

for cross border transaction it is 30 cents plus 4.4%

if there is currency conversion you have to pay,add another 3%

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

179.82 plus your .53 comes t o 180.35

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there was a time buyer sent cash,money order,personal check,cashier check,wire transfer,stamps,no paypal and no credit card.

you can go back to asking postal or money order ,and let them pay the fee plus the stamp and envelope.

Login to Me Too

JonMoya
Contributor
Contributor

This is a great solucion. If only people were still using this It would be better. I myself think that this is better.

Login to Me Too

JonMoya
Contributor
Contributor

I get it. This system of the world that we are living in is entirely corrupted, but what are we going to do right? So either we pay the unfair fees or we don't use the service at all. In the end it doesn't even matter because we all die and take nothing to the grave. It is all gone. So yes I acknowledge that the system is build on greed were we don't help eachother but rather step on eachother. But like I said either we use it and pay the fees without care or we don't use it. Though I would like to know if the information that you mentioned is found in the agreement because I read it and found nothing of that sort. Maybe I overlooked it.

Login to Me Too

JonMoya
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't know why you kind of sound angry in your response. Maybe I am just reading it wrong. Now see that even by your calculations paypal is still taking more money from me and everyone that what it should be according to you. Like I said before my problem with paypal is not that they take money from us, but rather they they don't specifically say how much they are taking in the agreement. Because I read it and I did not find those numbers that you are punching in. Maybe you know this for being a Volunteer Advisor. I don't know.

Login to Me Too

Shecat
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is allowing unauthorized payments to be withdrawn from my bank. 4 separate charges. I opened a dispute. 2 days later i checked and they closed it with no reason. The charges came from what says a pre authorized google play. I do not have google play in my authorized list. All they did was try to send me to google. I do not have anything set up with google for any sort of payment. So Paypal is passing the buck when this is their wrong doing. I have read i am not the only person being stolen from via Paypal and google. Are they in this together? Dont they make enough money the have to steal from someone whos rent is short now because of this. I am ready to contact authorities. if paypal continues to ignore me. And i am going to continue to post this complaint unto they fix this. 

Login to Me Too

GBSalvage

I'm so fed up with Paypal stealing from us, it's fraud and it's a disgrace.

Why do they support completely bogus claims for refunds that have absolutely no basis in truth.  As an end user it seems all anyone needs to do is ask Paypal for a refund - it doesn't matter how ludicrous the request is if they can remove the money from ther long term small business customers, they will.

When we ask Paypal why on earth they have yet again stolen money from us their reply is essentially "you were the one who signed our terms and conditions which told you how we intend to behave" (ie you're stupid).

Why is this legal, why do Paypal still have any customers left (I include myself in this comment) and why can't anyone stand up to Paypal stealing and committing fraud.  So much so there is an entire thread on their own website titled 'why is paypal stealing from me' - what a disgrace.

Anyone who is interested in Paypals theft from small business' may want to read the Observer article (yes it's such a big problem the national press are writing about Paypal fraud) 'sitting duck ebay sellers' about a chap who successfully took action against them.

My favourite bit of this thread is that Paypal has marked it as 'solved'.  They don't mean they've stopped committing fraud they just mean they don't want anyone telling anyone that's what they do!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.