Why did I get API error code 10606

samerseso
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there , 

I linked my paypal account with my shopify store , i have business account and i use paypal express checkout , 

some of my customer can't pay me and got this strange message , 

They checked their accounts and everything fine , the problem is from my end.

So i checked y account and everything fine , i don't know where the problem is ! 

------------------

INFORMATION FROM THE GATEWAY

TimestampAckCorrelationVersionBuildMessageError codesTimestampAckCorrelationidErrorsVersionBuild
2018-09-28T03:04:13Z
Failure
4632f7d249c5
Transaction rejected, please contact the buyer.
2018-09-28T03:04:13Z
Failure
4632f7d249c5
ShortmessageLongmessageErrorcodeSeveritycode
Buyer cannot pay.
Transaction rejected, please contact the buyer.
Error
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

KeithMac
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody found the solution to this problem?  I can't find any pattern to it, so it just seems random.

Login to Me Too

MNKhawaja
Contributor
Contributor

I have started getting this error recently too...frustrating because I'm running facebook ads which ultimately cannot convert because of this.

I contacted Paypal who said everything was in order at my end and that they need to speak to the customer.

The thing is that the customer can use their Paypal account with no issues on another site.

I'm currently speaking to Shopify to see if they can help.

Login to Me Too

KeithMac
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently allowed payment in multiple currencies and the number of occurrences of this error has reduced since then.  This has made me wonder if the problem arises when a credit card provider won't permit payments in foreign currencies.  This would be outside the control of PayPal.

Login to Me Too

MNKhawaja
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Keith, I don't seem to have the option to select multiple currencies - maybe because I am on the basic shopify plan.

My store only sells to the US though and my products are listed in USD.

Login to Me Too

MNKhawaja
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Keith, my products are in USD and I am selling to a USD audience. It must be something else.
Login to Me Too

ZygoScient
Contributor
Contributor

Has any one found solution for this issue? Please share. 35% of customers are getting this issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.