Whats the difference between PayPal Paymentwall, Express Checkout and PayPal Plus?

dwosch
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody,

I'm currently developing an MVC Webshop for demonstration purpose and integrated the PayPal Checkout using the  Java PayPal-SDK and a Sandbox REST API app.

Clicking on "Buy with PayPal" next to a product redirects the user directly to the Payment wall where the user has the options to pay using his PayPal account or using a Debit or Credit Card without needing a PayPal Account. After the user finished the workflow on the PayPal page my applications receive the necessary payer id and token to execute the payment against PayPal. I assume that is the default way to integrate PayPal in a Webshop.

So far so good.

Now I came across the "PayPal Express Checkout" and the "PayPal Plus" products and can't clearly determine the difference between the way I've integrated the PayPal Payment and the  "PayPal Express Checkout" and the "PayPal Plus" products. Especially regards the checkout process flow for a customer.

Further, what changes if I upgrade to a Plus account?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.