What's up with the bad Business Card batch?

junkbox
Contributor
Contributor

So after a week or so being told over support that there was a 'glitch' in the system not permitting me to activate the forced issued chip card, I finally spoke with a kind representative that informed me that it was a bad batch that got sent out by MasterCard. Now I have to get sent a new card AGAIN and hope that it will actually activate.
PRO TIPS:
A. Admit that there was an issue that was known to be bad by the higher ups and they were attempting to cover up by pushing down the line that it was some sort of phone servant, server voodoo "Yeah just tell them it's a glitch in the system" While that is technically true, you're making the level one techs look like schmucks because they can't describe the problem. The actual problem as far as I can tell is that MC had an issue because PayPal forced the customer base to get new cards and given the high number of cards needed MC was in a rush and someone on their side **bleep** up. That's fine, stuff happens but let your employees know.

B. If you're gonna push chip cards on existing customers, make sure before hand that the cards actually work, and can actually be activated. I'm centimeters away from just choosing another payment processor. I don't appreciate this run around after being a client for over 13 years.

Sincerely,

-mk

P.S. Oh go ahead and delete this message if ya like, The Print Screen button is my friend, I'll make sure everyone sees it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.