Want to setup account to accept donations as freelancer.

Nilesh_21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I had created the account as personal but when I tried to create the donation button it gets changed to business. Now the issue is i want to setup the donation button but I am not running any business. I have one website and for the same I want to create the donation button. But now the account information is showing as business and asking lots of details which i dont have :(. 

Please help me out here to setup the donation button to accept donation as freelancer and not the business.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Nilesh_21,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with buttons. Regrettably, donation buttons are only able to be used for charities and 501(c)(3) certified organizations. Due to this, the only option for buttons otherwise are Goods & Services payments.

Instead, you would need to provide your PayPal email address to anyone wanting to send you a personal payment. This would be the only way to receive a payment not marked as Goods & Services.

I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Nilesh_21
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply.. Initially I was doing the same, I was providing my paypal.me link. Problem with that is only the person with paypal account can send me money, which is limiting the donations I am suppose to get. Is there any way that person can send me money with credit card like in donation buttons. Another thing is I want to remover the details of my business account and want to make it personal again, please suggest .
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Nilesh_21,

Great questions - unfortunately, all button options you would have are only able to allow payments for Goods & Services, which means you will always pay a merchant fee. PayPal buttons are the only way to receive payments from people who do not have PayPal accounts. I understand this is an inconvenience, and I apologize that there aren't more options at this time.

Regarding your account's status, you can have your account downgraded by contacting us over the phone, Facebook, or Twitter. This is the only way to have your business information removed.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.