Virtual terminal

Swinton4
New Community Member

I have a newly set up virtual terminal for receiving credit card payments, but I am finding it variable in accepting payments. Sometimes payments go through immediately and other times I receive a completion message saying that the transaction is cancelled. On other occasions it says the transaction is declined. I am finding that the cancelled transactions don't go through even on a second or third attempt, whereas declined transactions often do - I am assuming that this is because a declined transaction is often a reflection of inaccurate card or address information and therefore the payor's credit card provider has declined payment. I am getting the impression that "transaction cancelled" is being generated by Paypal but when I have raised it with them I am not getting a clear answer. Is there a limit to the number of transactions that I can take using my virtual terminal, or is there a limit on the amount of payment I can receive? If anyone knows the answer I would be grateful to know how I can resolve the problem.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.