Using a donation button for getting money together to pay for flights

OfficialRiskit
New Community Member

Hello, just want to see if it is possible to use a donation button for this (as some of my friends want to pay without a PayPal account) in order to gather money to pay for flights for me and my friends. This is the only way I could think of it so that my friends will not have to make a PayPal account. This is not-for-profit. Can anyone let me know if I can do this, and if I can, will there be any holds/limitations of money for doing so?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OfficialRiskit

Have you tried providing your friends with a donation Botton or email link to send payment and it required them to have PayPal account? You can even click on the email link or button yourself after creating it and see if the option to pay with credit or debit card is available.

If it requires a PayPal account then in order for your friends to pay without a PayPal account, you must upgrade a business account (as an individual) to access to the selling tools setting that will allow your account to accept payment without senders needing a PayPal account. 

Or perhaps PayPal won't do for your purposes at all. Have your friends mail you a cheque or do bank transfers from their bank account to yours. Everything else requires them to have a PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.