Using PayPal to set up credit card payments for a business in South America

CondorBoy
Contributor
Contributor

I own a rental property in Ecuador that I want to promote to people here locally, many of whom don't have PayPal. I don't have it set up to accept credit card payments, and I was told that I can set up a credit card payment system in which the customer pays online with his or her credit card, and the money received then goes into my PayPal account. Is that true and how can I go about setting that up?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Assuming you have a US Personal Account - you can setup a web page with either a Buy Now type item button or even an Add to Cart.   You also have the option to send an email invoice or create a PayPal.Me link that you can share (make sure you request as "Goods and Services").   With any of those options, people will be able to pay with a credit card without having to have a PayPal Account.   Note, PayPal will charge you the standard transaction processing fees on the total amount of each transaction.   Once you are paid, the money will be credited to your PayPal Account Balance minus the fees.

To learn more about creating Buy Now or Add to Cart item buttons, here's a good place to start.   And there's more details here.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Correction on the use of a PayPal.Me link - when sharing your link, it does require having a PayPal Account to complete the Checkout process.   Woops ...

Login to Me Too

CondorBoy
Contributor
Contributor

So in fact, if I want to sell a product or service to a customer using the PayPal credit card option, they DO in fact need to have a PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.