Unincorporated Association - no company registration number

hpachair
Contributor
Contributor

According to a reply from Rachael (PayPal_Rachael) on 13 April 2016, the way to get round this is as follows:

If you have chosen 'Not for profit' as your account type there are certain requirements. One of these is your registered charity number. If you are not a registered charity you can still use PayPal to collect donations but I recommend changing the description of your account.

Here are the steps on how to change your business status:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Update’ beside Business information.
  4. Change the entry for ‘Business type’ from ‘Non-profit’ to a different choice. If you don’t have a business, choose ‘Individual’.
  5. Click ‘Save.’

However, the 'Business type' entry is greyed out and cannot be changed, and there is a check box 'This not-for-profit organisation is a registered charity', which suggest that organizations choosing 'Not-for-profit organisation' as their business type do not need to be a registered charity.

I'd welcome some advice on how my unincorporated organization (Ham and Petersham Association) can complete the PayPal required Letter of Authorisation.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PPA2
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same problem and it is totally infuriating - please sort this out Paypal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.