Understanding user permissions

cagct
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, our arts group uses Paypal Here to process credit cards for membership and to pay for events and workshops. So far, I am the only Paypal Here user but that may change soon. We will likely add users to collect payments at other activities and workshops.

I have reviewed the permission levels here which are not well explained: https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/vhelp/paypalmanager_help/about_user_privilege_levels.htm

What I want to do is to set up users who can process credit card transactions through the reader, but not have access to our balance or be able to move money around. What is the best user level to set up for our additional users?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

galantx
Contributor
Contributor

It's not clearly worded, but step 6 shows the only permission required: “Request Money and Manage Invoices” 

No other permissions are required, and this limits what that sub-user can do.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

cagct
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sharpiemaker but I already know how to add new users. What I need to know is once I have added a new user, how do I properly set their permissions to limit their Paypal Here permissions to accepting credit card sales but not have access to manage the paypal balance?

Your answer tells me that you may not have the necessary expertise to answer my question. Is there someone on your team who may be more qualified to give me my answer?

Login to Me Too
Solved

galantx
Contributor
Contributor

It's not clearly worded, but step 6 shows the only permission required: “Request Money and Manage Invoices” 

No other permissions are required, and this limits what that sub-user can do.

Login to Me Too

cagct
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks galantx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.