Two question on 'Donate' Buttons

DoJ-HH

Do all donors have to join PayPal?  Looks like that is the norm.

Second question: is there a button to drop into emails like the one at my website:http://www.doj-hh.com/index.php/please-donate/

Many thanks, I'm long in the tooth but new at this. DDK

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Normally donors are not required to have a PayPal Account as they have the option to simply use a credit card.  The exception would be if the donor chooses to donate an amount on regular weekly, monthly or yearly schedule - as this works like a subscription or recurring payment - a PayPal Account is required.   You account profile default settings for allowing someone to pay without a PayPal Account should be enabled.

Here's how to check:
* Login to your PayPal account.
* Click on the "Gear" Profile icon.
* Click on "Profile and settings".
* Click on "My selling tools" - left side of screen in box.
* Under "Selling online".
* Look for "Website preferences".
* Click on "Update"
* Scroll to "Paypal Account Optional"
* Click on the radio button for "Paypal Account Optional" ON
* Click on "Save"

Notes:
When the "account optional" feature is turned on, customers don't need a PayPal account.  They use an alternate checkout and have the option to sign up for a PayPal account afterward.  Customers with PayPal accounts still log in to their PayPal accounts to check out.  This feature is available for Buy Now buttons, Donations, and Add to Cat item buttons.

Please note that if both the "auto return" and "account optional" features are turned on, customers who don't log in to PayPal can choose to go back to your website after checkout, but aren’t returned automatically.

As for your second question:   Here's how to create a text link that can be used in emails.

Assuming you have a Business account.
* Login to your account.
* Select on Tools.
* Click on All Tools.
* Click on PayPal Buttons.
* Choose the Button type you want to make.
* For example:  Buy Now.
* Click on Select Button.
* Enter the info you need.
* In step 2 you have the option to save the code at PayPal or not.
* When finished with all the details.
* Click Create Button.
* On the next screen you will see the generated code.
* Click on the Email tab - that will display the code you need.
* Click on Select Code - then copy and paste the code in your email or document.
* Done.

Note, the "Email" tab will not be available if have included drop down selections or text boxes in your item button code.    This is because you cannot include drop down selections or text boxes in a Text or Hyperlink.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.