Trying to set up a business account/ Get a card reader

MonaAlicia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! 

So 

1. Trying to set up a business account so far has led me to go around in circles, refresh, not know if I am getting any sort of email confirmation... Then look as if I am setting something up and then be told that I was not eligible for the business account and or card reader. Pretty frustrated. 

So what exactly are the steps to take to set up a business account and get a card reader? And why exactly am I being declined? I don't get it, are all business/pay apps like this? I figured this would be easy because I all ready have a paypal account. 

2. How do I get a card reader? I have a show coming up in a couple of weeks and I would like to know how to do this. The website doesn't make this account set up clear. 

Any help is much appreciated! 

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DonnaN
New Community Member

Hi MonaAlicia, I also had a problem setting up a Business Account.  Then I found out that because I had a personal account, it was trying to link the personal and the business together.  Don't want that.  I had to call the Business Help # and she was able to remove my Business Account name and then I was able to set up my Business Account and move on through being able to purchase the card reader.

Hope that helps you!  If not, ask whoever you're talking with to walk you through the process.  They're there to help.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DonnaN
New Community Member

Hi MonaAlicia, I also had a problem setting up a Business Account.  Then I found out that because I had a personal account, it was trying to link the personal and the business together.  Don't want that.  I had to call the Business Help # and she was able to remove my Business Account name and then I was able to set up my Business Account and move on through being able to purchase the card reader.

Hope that helps you!  If not, ask whoever you're talking with to walk you through the process.  They're there to help.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

MonaAlicia
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Donna! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.