Trustwave account closed by Paypal - Impossible to get a hold of someone in Paypal who can help

wifivoucherscom
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Paypal Pro account, and recently failed a couple of PCI DSS compliance scans, I have however made changes to the site last week in order to pass again. I scheduled a scan and when I went back to check the next day, I no longer have PCI DSS tools on my Trustwave account. I called Trustwave and was told that Paypal have closed the account, and that I am to refer to my Paypal Pro account manager....

.... I have no idea who this is, I did have a contact when I setup my account, and he's not answered my emails, neither has he answered a message on LinkedIn, I called Paypal and got the usual robotic responses read from a script - no use, no one has called me back.

Tried Twitter, got a response with a link to try, goes to a 404, and when I pointed this out, was asked if I wanted to open a case to the web development team!

Does anyone have a contact number etc for the Paypal Pro team? Don't want the generic Paypal number again, as it's useless!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

scrambledsnake
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever manage to resolve this? I seem to be being passed around in circles - in the meantime I can't resolve my PCI compliance problem!

Login to Me Too

wifivoucherscom
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet.

Can't find where I reported it last and actually got a decent response, rather than a rabbit warren of 404 error pages!

I'm not being hassled for compliance at the moment, so I've left it as is.

Pretty disgusting behaviour from Paypal - given that these are supposed "premier" accounts? 

Login to Me Too

scrambledsnake
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to get it resolved in the end by contacting paypal customer services.  It took two attempts as the first call resolved my issue - giving me access to my pci account - it was then closed down again immediately within 24 hours of being fixed.  The second time seems to have sorted it but it needed a backend engineer to look into it further! Still not good though when you get zero reason as to why it's been closed in the first place!

Login to Me Too

wifivoucherscom
Contributor
Contributor

I've just received an e-mail from Paypal stating that I need to get PCI-DSS compliant, along with a "business support" phone number, which just dumps you into an endless loop of stupid automated questions.

On the e-mail was a link to Trustwave, and when I clicked on it, and logged in, lo and behold my account is re-instated.

Looks like a game I'll have to play annually with Paypal then! 😠

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.