Trouble with PayPal Business account, Newly created account not working.

Ravi0407
New Community Member

Hi Members,
I have created new business account with PayPal and below are issues.
1: Account is new and for testing purpose I have sent 1 Pound from my friends PayPal account.
2: I got the money into my account but it is on hold(Because I do not have balance into my account for chargeback etc).

3: I have tried to add money from my business bank account(associated with PayPal account) showing me error do not know why ?
4: This is dead lock situation here they want money into my account but i am not able to add money from bank account as well as from another PayPal account.

5: I am going to give services likes support and education material to the customers, When every-time client will pay It will be on hold ?
6: How my on hold transaction amount will be transferred into my account (Products are virtual)?
7: Trying hard to contact support team but due to slow response, did not get any answer.
8: Please help me setup my account and suggest what not to do(For limitations and access restrictions)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ravi0407 

The money on hold because you have a new account. It has nothing to do with you keeping a balance in your PayPal account so its not necessary for you to add money. And if you needed to buy something or postage (which you don't), you just select a linked bank account or card to in the process of buying postage.

Please read:

Why is my payment on hold and when will it be available?

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:

• Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of PayPal’s supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after PayPal can confirm the delivery date. 

• No Shipping Info: If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as Processed and provide the required details.

• Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately. (You can also ask buyer/sender to confirm receipt sending them the steps below.)

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

Seller/Recipient: Add tracking information, FIRST:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed or Shipped (with or without tracking info).

Buyer/Sender: To confirm you've received an item:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If buyer/sender does not 'confirm receipt', or PayPal wasn't able to 'confirm delivery’, you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal's system to release.  If its past 21 days, then you'll need to contact customer service, response may take longer due to Covid-19 situation.

Please visit this page:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter (UK): @paypalUK 

Your payments will continue to be put on hold until PayPal can see that your account is reliable. They will email you when they no longer hold all of your payments, just on some if they are determined to be high risk by PayPal.

Its best to link your bank account and/or card to verify your PayPal account. And fill in all your business information in your account settings. Be mindful of the amounts you enter for:

Average transaction price

Average monthly volume

Percentage of annual revenue from online sales

PayPal may limit your account to find out more about your businesses like asking for supplier invoices, proof of delivery for your recent transactions, etc. If you do not have such info, write a letter explaining why. Keep in mind that even if you do or do not provide this information, PayPal can still decide not to do business with you and ban your account if you are considered high risk.

Read user agreement:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#restricted

Everybody's behavior with their account is different that can trigger paypal's security system. Limitations, restricted access cannot be 100% prevented as there will be times it is needed particularly if abuse/fraud is detected on the account.

More info:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/limitations

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.