Transition from non profit business account to sole proprietership

cardhappy
Contributor
Contributor

I was working at a non profit and using this paypal account. But I have transitioned out of the company and now using the account for selling items. Should I have cancelled the non profit and opened a new account or is there a way for me to change the account type?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cardhappy 

There is a way to change it. What is concerning is that there may be a drawn out process (for example, changing account owner can take a long while as PayPal has to verify it, potentially limiting your use of the account according to others' experience here, especially if you're changing more than just the business type, like changing business name, business category) so it may be more convenient for you to simply open a new account. It's a matter of being willing to be patient, in case, the change takes longer than usual if PayPal stops you to verify your information and changes.

To make changes, go to Account Settings (gear icon) > About the business > Business information > Update

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cardhappy 

There is a way to change it. What is concerning is that there may be a drawn out process (for example, changing account owner can take a long while as PayPal has to verify it, potentially limiting your use of the account according to others' experience here, especially if you're changing more than just the business type, like changing business name, business category) so it may be more convenient for you to simply open a new account. It's a matter of being willing to be patient, in case, the change takes longer than usual if PayPal stops you to verify your information and changes.

To make changes, go to Account Settings (gear icon) > About the business > Business information > Update

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.