Transferring Money from bank account to Paypal

percy1nz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm looking for some assistance to transfer money from our bank account to Paypal. We have two bank accounts and a credit card which are linked to Paypal. However when accessing the transfer function we can only send funds from Paypal to our linked bank accounts, not the other way around.

We have a notification that our usage requires us to identify ourselves which may be a limitation on our account. However upon clicking the dashboard link at the bottom of the notification all options are ticked and I see a success message stating all information is provided and our account is back to normal.

Customer Service has been contacted but are well over the 24-hour response period and reading other queries we'll be fortunate to receive a response so I'm hopeful someone in the community may have a resolution. We are located in New Zealand.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@percy1nz

Have you confirmed your bank account with the 4 digit code?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

percy1nz
Contributor
Contributor

The bank accounts were linked prior to my time.

How would I go about verifying if the 4-digit code has happened? Delete and then re-link a bank account?

Login to Me Too

percy1nz
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Sorry, didn't tag you in my initial response

Login to Me Too

PamandSam
Contributor
Contributor

so @percy1nz , how did you eventually solve this problem ... I am having a similar problem, but adding my banking details today (Sunday), I am guessing I am going to have to wait for the verification code to activate it from paypal during their work week?  Kind Regards, Pam and Sam

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PamandSam 

That would depend on what country you are in and you haven't said in your post or added it to your profile.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PamandSam
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass ... I'm in New Zealand, same as post originator ... do different countries prohibit paypal use?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PamandSam 

Paypal varies greatly country to country.

In your country you can withdraw to a bank account but NOT to a debit or credit card so if you are having problems read this checklist.

Have you withdrawn funds before?
Are you withdrawing to a bank account and not debit card?
What error message are you getting?
Have you verified / confirmed your bank account?
Are the funds cleared and not pending?
Are the funds in your countries currency?
Is the bank account in exactly the same name as your paypal account name?
Is the bank account issued in your country?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PamandSam
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for detailed response and questions .. some responses:

Have you withdrawn funds before?  NO
Are you withdrawing to a bank account and not debit card? withdrawing FROM bank account TO my Paypal account (that is what I am trying to do, but am not offered the 'add money' option in my balances ...

What error message are you getting? no option to add money to paypal account
Have you verified / confirmed your bank account? yes, on the same day I wanted to add money, so think that might be the cause of delay???  still have heard nothing nor had any changes to my offerings to add money from bank account

Are the funds cleared and not pending?  no mention in notifications/email/messages about pending transfer, as no option to 'add money'is available

Are the funds in your countries currency? yes, NZD
Is the bank account in exactly the same name as your paypal account name? Yes.
Is the bank account issued in your country? Yes, kiwibank

With no response/indication about delays/pending approvals, etc. I'm really stuck without information about how to proceed ... bit frustrating, as original poster never received response or solution from paypal .. thanks for helping follow this through! 

Login to Me Too

percy1nz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PamandSam never solved the problem  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.