Transaction fee for charities

4thbraidscouts
Contributor
Contributor

Does the discounted transaction fee for charities (1.4% + 20p) apply to all payments (regardless of whether a debit or credit card is used) or does the 1.4% apply to credit card payments and the 20p to debit card payments (or vice versa)?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @4thbraidscouts,

Great question! Payments sent through the PayPal Giving Fund are not affected by a transaction fee. These funds are just held until the release date each month, at which point they are deposited into your balance as a lump sum.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

The 20p applies to all card payments received.

-David R

Login to Me Too

4thbraidscouts
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! So just for clarification, the charity transaction fee is a total of ‘1.4% + 20p’ and applies to all card types?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

That is correct. 

-David R

Login to Me Too

4thbraidscouts
Contributor
Contributor

And if using the Paypal Giving Fund, does the transaction fee still apply?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @4thbraidscouts,

Great question! Payments sent through the PayPal Giving Fund are not affected by a transaction fee. These funds are just held until the release date each month, at which point they are deposited into your balance as a lump sum.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

4thbraidscouts
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.