Staying logged into PayPal Here App

ElementGreen
Contributor
Contributor

We are using our own Point Of Sale system (Odoo) which is accessed via a web browser on an Android tablet.  Currently this requires switching between the web browser and the PayPal Here app to enter the total amount and press the Charge button.

The problem is that PayPal Here keeps requiring us to log in again, sometimes only after a few minutes from using it.  The login process for some reason requires entering the password twice: after entering the password and tapping the Log In button at the bottom, it then shows a page that has a Log In To PayPal button, which requires logging in again.  Also, while logging in, the app is not oriented properly for the current screen rotation, but is OK after logging in.  Then it opens up the POS interface and connects to the Bluetooth Card Reader.  This process takes a long time and meanwhile our customers are having to wait.  Previously the card reader would stop working as well, but this seems to be better after we disabled sleeping on the tablet.

I can't see how we are going to be able to continue using PayPal Here with these problems.  As our shop gets busier this is going to be a real headache.

One thought I had, is that maybe the app would continue to work, if it is left running without switching to any other apps.  Can anyone confirm this?  That would require that we get a second tablet though, which we would like to avoid.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, otherwise we may have to go with another credit card processing service.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.