Split donations

TheOwlLady
Contributor
Contributor

I have set up a donation page with a drop down menu and have 4 programs listed.  As it sits, the visitor has only one choice in the drop down menu.  Is there any way that they could choose 2 items and earmark a certain amount for each.

I would like to give them the option of donating to our general fund and our scholarship fund for example.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

derekantrican
New Community Member

I have a similar situation: I run a popular program and people can donate to the program. It's grown a bit and now another guy has joined me in development.

I would like a way for a user to be able to donate money via PayPal, then for that money to automatically be split amongst the other developer and I (or if there are more developers in the future, have the money be split amongst all the developers).

Ideally,  something like:

1. User donates some amount (say: $5)
  2. PayPal takes fees (not sure how much it would usually be, but let's say $0.45)
  3. Remaining amount is divided into each developer's PayPal account (ideally, without fees since these would be PayPal to PayPal transactions). For 2 developers that would be $4.55/2 = $2.275 (not sure if PayPal handles "half-cent" amounts)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.