Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time (Shopify)

PraveenK
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, PayPal is showing me this error as well as showing me "we are not able to process your payment using PayPal at this time. Please go back to the merchant and try using a different payment method". I don't know why is it showing me these errors. I have PayPal Business account(fully Verified) as well as I have Shopify store where I have added PayPal express checkout button to receive payments to my customers but I am unable to accept payments because of these errors. If anyone knows about it so, Please guide me how to fix these errors.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

RichardMaison
Contributor
Contributor

Why did customers get the error "PayPal cannot process your payment. Please contact the merchant to solve this issue"?

Issue

PayPal gave a customer a "cannot process your payment" error message.

Cause
There is likely an issue with your button or account.

Solution
Review your code and compare it to the code snippet provided by PayPal. If this is a hosted button, changes made to the button code will have no impact and the actual hosted button code must be changed. 

For help resolving this issue or others, visit PayPal's Contact Customer Service page.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

RichardMaison
Contributor
Contributor

Why did customers get the error "PayPal cannot process your payment. Please contact the merchant to solve this issue"?

Issue

PayPal gave a customer a "cannot process your payment" error message.

Cause
There is likely an issue with your button or account.

Solution
Review your code and compare it to the code snippet provided by PayPal. If this is a hosted button, changes made to the button code will have no impact and the actual hosted button code must be changed. 

For help resolving this issue or others, visit PayPal's Contact Customer Service page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.