Should have paid £5 and paid £500 in error - how can I get this money returned or stopped please

MagD1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I donate £4 or £5 to Change.Org for petitions I feel are worthy

this evening I donated the usual £5 and as the transaction was going through I was shocked to glimpse it was £500, I turned of my iPad in panic as I was unable to stop it and it did not give me the option to check and confirm as it usually did.

i immediately contacted my bank who said to contact PayPal for an authorisation code and call the bank with this code to prevent the payment. I have tried for 4 hours and 13 telephone calls but have been unable to speak with a live operator to obtain the code. I am on the chat wait and have been for almost 3 hours. I have emailed Change.Org but had no response, I have put the payment into dispute. If this payment goes out I will be short of my regular income for the rest of the month and I am worried if I will manage financially until the money is returned

has anyone else had this issue? I am hoping that the money will not be taken as it’s in dispute, can anyone advise if the money will go out of my account under these circumstances - I M very worried and not being able to speak with anyone is making the worry worse

t

thanks

mags

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MagD1 

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MagD1
Contributor
Contributor

It just acknowledges that the transaction is disputed

Login to Me Too

MagD1
Contributor
Contributor

The line is:

There is an open dispute associated with this transaction. Visit the Resolution Centre to view status.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.