Shopify Paypal express checkout integration problem

sanjeetiitr1
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to add PayPal express checkout as a payment method in my Shopify store. But when I was trying to activate it, it redirects me to PayPal account dashboard instead of asking for grant access.I am not able to integrate it into my account.I tried repeating it about 100 times but every time it just redirects to the dashboard page. I was trying this for last 5-6 days but didn't found out any solution. I even contacted PayPal customer support but no help from their side too. Plz someone help me out from this problem. !! IT'S URGENT !!

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Hello , My PayPal account is successfully linked to Shopify however during checkout when i enter CC details , PayPal instead of redirecting to shopify it is again asking me CC and then on reenter it says its not working 

It has happened to my 10 users yesterday and i am personally struggling since morning 

ANy help would be appreciated

Login to Me Too

evisitsale
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had the same issue , as while clicking on activate paypal express checkout in shopify it was redirecting me to paypal asking first login mail id -->again login mail id with passed --> you are almost done(here is the solution).

Now you have two options 1 is to click on first button which will take you to paypal home page(that was my mistake).

second to go to shopify home page -->re login now you can see it is activated now.

done !!!

Login to Me Too

dhairyagala
New Community Member

Thanks for sharing it worked for me! After hours of looking through PayPal's website, trying to contact Support and getting a solution it was there where no one would logically ever look for!

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

joannawie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm based in Switzerland and face the same issue + none of the solutions mentioned here worked for me. 

I am still directed to the dashboard page of PayPal.

Any other ideas how to solve this issue?

Login to Me Too

joannawie
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I managed to solve the problem simply by using another browser. Looks like PayPay doesn't work correctly in Chrome. I noticed this when I wanted to send money and this page appeared blank (only with the upper menu). I tested this in Safari and everything works beautifully. I managed to integrate Shopify PayPal express checkout within 2 minutes simply by using Safari.

Login to Me Too

Yashesh1

Thanks, Dear @evisitsale  you saved my time it works that second option "go back to Shopify"

thanks once again. means a lot.

Login to Me Too

mehul88

It didn't work for me. Did you relogin to shopify or relogin to paypal ?

edit - So the first time the second button "return to shopify"

did not come. I only got the continue to paypal button. But after a couple of tries (i logged out and logged in to shopify again ) it finally came on the page. 
So the problem is solved for me .

Login to Me Too

Lokesh99
Contributor
Contributor

thanks bro it worked after couple of tries

Login to Me Too

baibhavparida
New Community Member

Thank you so much @evisitsale . It worked like magic.

You saved me hours of hassle and frustration.

Login to Me Too

Ahalya
Contributor
Contributor

how please tell me

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.