cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopify Paypal express checkout integration problem

SOLVED
Contributor

Shopify Paypal express checkout integration problem

I was trying to add PayPal express checkout as a payment method in my Shopify store. But when I was trying to activate it, it redirects me to PayPal account dashboard instead of asking for grant access.I am not able to integrate it into my account.I tried repeating it about 100 times but every time it just redirects to the dashboard page. I was trying this for last 5-6 days but didn't found out any solution. I even contacted PayPal customer support but no help from their side too. Plz someone help me out from this problem. !! IT'S URGENT !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Shopify Paypal express checkout integration problem

Hi guys,

I'm from India too and had the same problem with my site. After wasting four days and doing more than dozen chats with shopify and paypal team, finally I found a workaround for this problem.

If you change the store address in admin > settings > general to a fake AUSTRALIAN address and try to integrate the paypal checkout again, it will work. This will most probably work for everyone else in India too. This is a Shopify integration problem and I have let the Shopify and Paypal know about this too. They might solve it within a few days (or months!) but this can be a solution till then.

Also you can revert the address again to Indian address once your site is activated for PayPal. It won't affect the integration! Hope it helps. Good luck 🙂

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Contributor

I am facing the same issue, if you have found out the solution then please share it.
Contributor

i am facing the same issue , Please share with me too

@nirbhaysingh01 wrote:
I am facing the same issue, if you have found out the solution then please share it.

Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm from India too and had the same problem with my site. After wasting four days and doing more than dozen chats with shopify and paypal team, finally I found a workaround for this problem.

If you change the store address in admin > settings > general to a fake AUSTRALIAN address and try to integrate the paypal checkout again, it will work. This will most probably work for everyone else in India too. This is a Shopify integration problem and I have let the Shopify and Paypal know about this too. They might solve it within a few days (or months!) but this can be a solution till then.

Also you can revert the address again to Indian address once your site is activated for PayPal. It won't affect the integration! Hope it helps. Good luck 🙂

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
New Community Member

Hey! Glad it worked for you. Does it only work with Australian address or US address is fine too. My Shopify's store address is in US and its not working for me.

New Community Member

It works like charm! Thanks, saved a lot of time Smiley Happy

Contributor

Worked for me too.

Contributor

Nop didn't work for me, the problem continues and is not solved by @paypal or @shopify.

Now we can't even change the address.

Can I change my PayPal address to another country?

No. The laws applicable to PayPal accounts differ by country, so you can't change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. If you're moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account.

If you maintain residences in 2 countries, you can have 2 PayPal accounts as long as only one is a Business account.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,

I had the same issue , as while clicking on activate paypal express checkout in shopify it was redirecting me to paypal asking first login mail id -->again login mail id with passed --> you are almost done(here is the solution).

Now you have two options 1 is to click on first button which will take you to paypal home page(that was my mistake).

second to go to shopify home page -->re login now you can see it is activated now.

done !!!

New Community Member

Thanks for sharing it worked for me! After hours of looking through PayPal's website, trying to contact Support and getting a solution it was there where no one would logically ever look for!

Thanks again!