Shopify Paypal express checkout integration problem

sanjeetiitr1
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to add PayPal express checkout as a payment method in my Shopify store. But when I was trying to activate it, it redirects me to PayPal account dashboard instead of asking for grant access.I am not able to integrate it into my account.I tried repeating it about 100 times but every time it just redirects to the dashboard page. I was trying this for last 5-6 days but didn't found out any solution. I even contacted PayPal customer support but no help from their side too. Plz someone help me out from this problem. !! IT'S URGENT !!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ddpaladiya
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm from India too and had the same problem with my site. After wasting four days and doing more than dozen chats with shopify and paypal team, finally I found a workaround for this problem.

If you change the store address in admin > settings > general to a fake AUSTRALIAN address and try to integrate the paypal checkout again, it will work. This will most probably work for everyone else in India too. This is a Shopify integration problem and I have let the Shopify and Paypal know about this too. They might solve it within a few days (or months!) but this can be a solution till then.

Also you can revert the address again to Indian address once your site is activated for PayPal. It won't affect the integration! Hope it helps. Good luck 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

nirbhaysingh01
Contributor
Contributor
I am facing the same issue, if you have found out the solution then please share it.
Login to Me Too

bhokare32
Contributor
Contributor

i am facing the same issue , Please share with me too

@nirbhaysingh01 wrote:
I am facing the same issue, if you have found out the solution then please share it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

ddpaladiya
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm from India too and had the same problem with my site. After wasting four days and doing more than dozen chats with shopify and paypal team, finally I found a workaround for this problem.

If you change the store address in admin > settings > general to a fake AUSTRALIAN address and try to integrate the paypal checkout again, it will work. This will most probably work for everyone else in India too. This is a Shopify integration problem and I have let the Shopify and Paypal know about this too. They might solve it within a few days (or months!) but this can be a solution till then.

Also you can revert the address again to Indian address once your site is activated for PayPal. It won't affect the integration! Hope it helps. Good luck 🙂

Login to Me Too

akxe
New Community Member

Hey! Glad it worked for you. Does it only work with Australian address or US address is fine too. My Shopify's store address is in US and its not working for me.

Login to Me Too

Ashish2273
New Community Member

It works like charm! Thanks, saved a lot of time Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

learnforlife
Contributor
Contributor

Worked for me too.

Login to Me Too

nikidattani
Contributor
Contributor

Nop didn't work for me, the problem continues and is not solved by @paypal or @shopify.

Now we can't even change the address.

Can I change my PayPal address to another country?

No. The laws applicable to PayPal accounts differ by country, so you can't change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. If you're moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account.

If you maintain residences in 2 countries, you can have 2 PayPal accounts as long as only one is a Business account.

Login to Me Too

Sudhirth
Contributor
Contributor

I tried the exact same thing as mentioned but Paypal is just not getting integrated with shopify

Login to Me Too

ansshulll

Nop didn't work for me, the problem continues and is not solved by @paypal or @shopify. please help me out its urgent

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.