Shipping Label Customs Form Item Value field - each or total?

flightofharmony
Contributor
Contributor

Creating an international shipping label from customer payment page. Customer ordered qty. 2 of an item. In the Item declaration area, there is a field (only one field) for "Value(USD)". The help popup states "The value of each item and total in U.S. dollars". So which do I enter, each or total?

EDIT: Went ahead and entered value per each, paid and previewed. Correct sum was shown in end result.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flightofharmony 

Use 1 line: enter qty 2, item description, value of each item, weight of each item that totals to the weight you entered on the shipment form prior to filing out the customs form.  

For example, on the Shipment form you entered 24 oz for total weight. On the Customs form, enter 12 oz for weight of each item:

2 qty x 12 oz each = 24 oz weight total

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flightofharmony 

Use 1 line: enter qty 2, item description, value of each item, weight of each item that totals to the weight you entered on the shipment form prior to filing out the customs form.  

For example, on the Shipment form you entered 24 oz for total weight. On the Customs form, enter 12 oz for weight of each item:

2 qty x 12 oz each = 24 oz weight total

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.