Setting up advance payment for subscription

SimonGemayel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I have a subscription button on my site. I want to modify it so that the user will pay for at least two (2) months  when subscribing to my product. How can I implement this? I've seen the 'billing cycle' but I'm kind of confused on how it works. I tried setting it up for 2 months but it showed me that that costumer will be charged for (let's say my price is $5.00) $5.00 for each 2 months. I want it to appear that the user will be charged a total of $10.00 and that it costs $5.00 per month.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You will have to tweak the code a little - the trick is to use the free trial variables (a1, p1 and t1) - you can include an amount and time period for one day.  Think of this like charging a 1 time fee upfront and then the subscription starts the next day.   Here's a snippet of example code:

<!-- "a1" Trial amount 1. This is the price of the first trial period. For a free trial, use a value of 0 -->
<input type="hidden" name="a1" value="10.00">
<!-- "p1" Trial period 1. This is the length of the first trial period. The number is modified by the trial period 1 units (t1, below) -->
<input type="hidden" name="p1" value="1">
<!-- "t1" Trial period 1 units. This is the units of trial period 1 (p1, above). Acceptable values are: D (days), W (weeks), M (months), Y (years) -->
<input type="hidden" name="t1" value="D">
<!-- "a3" Regular rate. This is the price of the subscription -->
<input type="hidden" name="a3" value="5.00">
<!-- "p3" Regular billing cycle. This is the length of the billing cycle. The number is modified by the regular billing cycle units (t3, below) -->
<input type="hidden" name="p3" value="1">
<!-- "t3" Regular billing cycle units. This is the units of the regular billing cycle (p3, above) Acceptable values are: D (days), W (weeks), M (months), Y (years) -->
<input type="hidden" name="t3" value="M">
<!-- "src" Recurring payments. If set to “1,” the payment will recur unless your customer cancels the subscription before the end of the billing cycle. If omitted, the subscription payment will not recur at the end of the billing cycle -->
<input type="hidden" name="src" value="1">
<!-- "sra" Reattempt on failure. If set to “1,” and the payment fails, the payment will be reattempted two more times. After the third failure, the subscription will be cancelled. If omitted and the payment fails, payment will not be reattempted and the subscription will be immediately cancelled -->
<input type="hidden" name="sra" value="1">

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.