Setting up PayPal Here - can I make test payments?

23deano
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all

I have my new Here card reader and I'm looking at setting it up. When I get logged in etc, can I make test payments from my own card (bank account) into my own PayPal account? Will I get charged the PayPal fee if this is possible?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi 23deano and welcome, 

I hope you are liking your new PayPal Here card reader. You can do test payments however these would show just like normal payments. This would mean that you would get charged the normal fees for receiving payments.  If you need any help with your card reader or have any questions please feel to post on our "PayPal Here" section. 

Thanks for posting, 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi 23deano and welcome, 

I hope you are liking your new PayPal Here card reader. You can do test payments however these would show just like normal payments. This would mean that you would get charged the normal fees for receiving payments.  If you need any help with your card reader or have any questions please feel to post on our "PayPal Here" section. 

Thanks for posting, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

23deano
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Paula.

I tested it out by charging myself £1. I saw how the app worked then, so I was happy. I then processed a refund using the app and all went smoothly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.