Sending outbound recurring payments from a Paypal account

carolyning
New Community Member

I'm wanting to set up monthly recurring payments from a Paypal account to someone else. I'm located in Australia and understand that it is a business account that I will need. How do I set up the payments? Is there something I need to subscribe to to allow these? 

Is there anything that the person receiving the payment needs to have set up in their account and can they receive these through a personal account. Thanks for any wisdom!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi Carol,

The receiver will need to set this up and will require to have a business account. They will find details here https://developer.paypal.com/docs/subscriptions/ or 

Alternatively, they can create a "Subscribe" button for a quick way to accept subscription-type payments on their website. They can use the "Subscribe" button to bill customers on a regular basis, charge membership fees, or offer subscription services. We provide the HTML code which you copy and paste into your website's code.

Here's how to create a subscriptions button:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  3. Click My Selling tools.
  4. Click Manage beside 'Manage Selling.'
  5. Choose your button type.
  6. Enter your button information and click 'Create Button.'
  7. Click 'Select Code' to select the HTML button code.
  8. Copy and Paste the HTML code into your HTML code.

The main differences between a subscription and recurring billing are:

• Recurring Payments integrate with PayPal via APIs. Subscriptions integrate with PayPal via HTML.
  • Recurring Payments allow your customers to checkout at cart level with multiple items. Subscriptions allow your buyers to complete their purchase for one item or service at a time.
  • Recurring Payments support merchant management, including limited modification, suspension / reactivation, and billing on outstanding amount.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.