Send buyer to specific URL after purchasing via PayPal Button

emeliesanders
New Community Member

I'd like to add a Paypal button to my website via the email link so I can link it to a graphic.

So far, so good.

But I need to redirect the buyer to a page on my site where they can download the file available for sale after they make the purchase. How do I do this?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

There's two options for downloads - the first and easiest is to use a 3rd service such as this one.   Your downloads are secure and managed for you and the customer cannot share the link with others.   If you're not a programmer or simply don't have the time to setup your own server, then this option is worth checking out.    The second option is to use PayPal's IPN or Instant Payment Notification feature.   Instant Payment Notification is a message service that notifies you about updates to your PayPal transactions.   You can use it to automate administrative functions, such as fulfilling orders, tracking shipments, and providing status updates.  See this link for details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.