Samsung fails to complete PayPal credit transaction

dlvenner
Contributor
Contributor

HI

When attempting to complete a PayPal credit transaction from Samsung, it times out for no reason. My purchase with Samsung then gets cancelled, as the PayPal transaction  fails to complete.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

David

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dlvenner,

I'm sorry to hear that your payment is not going through. There can be a few different reasons for a transaction decline. Please reach out to customer service to allow a representative to look at the payment attempt and assist.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dlvenner
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia, thanks for responding to my message and please accept my apologies for the slow response.

I have now resolved this and am happy to share how, as it may help others in the future.

Problem:

Samsung offering 0% interest on products when purchased via PayPal Credit.

When attempting to complete the transaction on the Samsung site, the transaction times out.

Solution:

Ensure that PayPal Credit has been set up before commencing the transaction from the Samsung site, as there is no mention of this and the time out does not refer to it, so the underlying code is not checking for and responding to it.

Warning:: When setting up PayPal Credit, it may appear that all fields have been completed correctly, however a ambiguous message appears advising that you need to complete the details but no field is highlighted. You MUST use a full address, with no abbreviations. EG St. cannot be used for Saint. The underlying code does not highlight this as an incorrect entry, however the ambiguous message appears at the top of the screen and the request is not completed.

Login to Me Too

Mark2081
Contributor
Contributor
Seems to be an issue with paypal credit and samsung site again
Login to Me Too

AH74
Contributor
Contributor
Did you manage to solve this? I am having the same problem.
Login to Me Too

Johnnymc123
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue. Has it not been looked into?
Login to Me Too

AH74
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, @Johnnymc123 

I eventually worked out that my problem was due to using 'Auto-fill' to complete the shipping details. It seems to recognise using 'Auto-fill' as a form of fraud and cancels the order a couple hours later.

So, don't use 'Auto-fill' and try and work through the whole shipping details and payment details as fast as you can, to avoid transaction timeout.

Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

Johnnymc123
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know where that field is. I'm completing the order on Samsungs site and it automatically directs me ro PayPal credit when I choose that payment option
Login to Me Too

AH74
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, same thing is happening to me, all details are correct, but Samsung keeps cancelling my order and not sure why?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.