SOLVED: Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

maddogprod
Contributor
Contributor

People have been getting this error message starting last week when they click to pay: "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

We're using simple PayPal Saved Buttons that have been in use for 6 years with no problem until last week. I got fresh button code and pasted it in but that didn't help. I see a lot of mentions of the issue here but few, if any, resolutions.

Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? My client is losing sales....

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

maddogprod
Contributor
Contributor

After contacting PayPal support by email they told me this:

We have recently upgraded our security certificate at PayPal.  This has caused some PayPal buttons to stop working.  Please re-create your button and copy and paste the new HTML code on to your website.  This will resolve  the issue.

Re-creating the buttons fixed it. Would have been nice to have been alerted to this before we had issues and wasted time researching a solution.....

Hopefully this will help someone else.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

maddogprod
Contributor
Contributor

After contacting PayPal support by email they told me this:

We have recently upgraded our security certificate at PayPal.  This has caused some PayPal buttons to stop working.  Please re-create your button and copy and paste the new HTML code on to your website.  This will resolve  the issue.

Re-creating the buttons fixed it. Would have been nice to have been alerted to this before we had issues and wasted time researching a solution.....

Hopefully this will help someone else.

Login to Me Too

logan30
Contributor
Contributor

What the hell does that mean ? what button ? paste what to where ?

Login to Me Too

Adam_one
Contributor
Contributor

This doesn't solve anything, pff 

Nice try.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.