cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED: Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

SOLVED: Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

People have been getting this error message starting last week when they click to pay: "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

We're using simple PayPal Saved Buttons that have been in use for 6 years with no problem until last week. I got fresh button code and pasted it in but that didn't help. I see a lot of mentions of the issue here but few, if any, resolutions.

Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? My client is losing sales....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

After contacting PayPal support by email they told me this:

We have recently upgraded our security certificate at PayPal.  This has caused some PayPal buttons to stop working.  Please re-create your button and copy and paste the new HTML code on to your website.  This will resolve  the issue.

Re-creating the buttons fixed it. Would have been nice to have been alerted to this before we had issues and wasted time researching a solution.....

Hopefully this will help someone else.

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor

After contacting PayPal support by email they told me this:

We have recently upgraded our security certificate at PayPal.  This has caused some PayPal buttons to stop working.  Please re-create your button and copy and paste the new HTML code on to your website.  This will resolve  the issue.

Re-creating the buttons fixed it. Would have been nice to have been alerted to this before we had issues and wasted time researching a solution.....

Hopefully this will help someone else.

Contributor

What the hell does that mean ? what button ? paste what to where ?

Contributor

This doesn't solve anything, pff 

Nice try.