Refund question

fotogrphr
New Community Member

I received two separate refunds from an item I returned.  The refunds show up in the activity box but there is no balance showing in the PayPal Balance area. and no funds were returned to my bank.  Can anybody help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Gelai0408
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us thru Community Forum. To check where is your refund. I include here a guideline where your refund.

Where is my refund?

From your PayPal apprefunds can't be issued. However, you can still view the latest status by tapping See Activity.

From your computer, here’s how:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Click Filters and select Refunds.
  3. Select the desired date range to see your refund.
  4. Click the refunded transaction to view the details.

Where is my refund sent to?
If you paid with your:

• Credit card (including PayPal Credit): your refund will go to your credit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account.
  • Bank account: your refund will initially go back to the PayPal balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank). It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account. If a refund is issued shortly after you paid, we'll try to cancel the transaction so you're never charged. If we're unable to cancel the transaction, the refund will be processed and sent to your bank account.
  • Debit card: your refund will go to your debit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the refund can't be applied to your debit card, it'll be sent to your PayPal account.  

If PayPal performed a currency conversion for your transaction and a refund is issued:

• Within 1 day of the date of the original payment, PayPal’s transaction exchange rate (including our currency conversion fee) used at the time of the original payment will apply.
  • Beyond 1 day of the date of the original payment, PayPal’s transaction exchange rate (including our currency conversion fee) on the date of the refund will apply.

***Money will be refunded in the currency you paid; or if we are unable to refund in the currency you paid, in your primary holding currency; or if we are unable to refund in your primary holding currency, then in Canadian dollars.

Here are a few common refund statuses:

• Pending: If your refund status is Pending, It could be because PayPal has not yet received the funds from the buyer's bank for the Instant Transfer, or that the seller issued an eCheck that has not yet cleared from their bank. It usually takes 3-5 business days for the money to become available in your PayPal balance.
  • Refunded or Partially Refunded: If your refund status is Refunded or Partially Refunded, it means that the refund is complete. The money should be back in your PayPal balance, on your credit card, or back in your bank account.
  • Temporary hold: If your refund status is "held," it means the transaction was refunded before it has cleared your bank. This process takes 3-5 business days to complete, and the refund will be credited to your balance once the process is completed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.