Refund issue

tty0746d
Contributor
Contributor

There was a limitation placed on my account, due to an apparent high sale amount.  I’ve issued a refund, however, the funds were distributed out of my bank account, instead of my PayPal account.  My customer is also stating that the charge has posted on his credit card account.  The item was returned last week.  PayPal's support group is not answering via message, and I cannot get through to voice.  I've also emailed them multiple times.  What do need to do to resolve this matter?  I'm at the point where I should close my account, due to bad customer service.  Although, if I close my account with a pending balance and an unresolved matter with my customer, that can cause problems.  Please assist.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tty0746d 

If it is just a temporarily unavailable funds hold like:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Then wait until PayPal releases the funds in 21 days or ask sender to do these steps to confirm receipt and release the funds sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm Receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm.

But make sure you do this first:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the payment transaction.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Order Processed or Shipped

And yes, issued refunds typically goes back to the sender's original funding source.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tty0746d
Contributor
Contributor

I simply want to close my account due to these complications, but I have these two pending items (credit owed towards my buyer, as well as funds owed to me for the refund).  Their support group is simply not responding, and I've tried all channels.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.