Reference Transactions

TikiNation
New Community Member

I'm doing a membership site with recurring billing for a membership subscription. I was told it requires that I contact PayPal and set up Reference Transactions. The Paypal site said that Reference transactions were no longer supported and that they were "Depreciated" as of January 2017.
I contacted Paypal and went through the extended wait time. I asked the agent how to get the annual recurring billing for my membership site approved and working with the best possible solution - since the Reference Transactions were no longer supported. He informed me that they still offer reference transactions - but they don't tell anyone about it. He said it was a "process". It was.  I had to have a credit check, business evaluation, give them expected growth potential. They approved me in 2 days. I was told that they would do all the "work", meaning setting up and authorizing the account and flipping the switch.  I asked what was required on my end to set it up from a technical and user prospective for my customers and was told that I'd get all the instructions on approval. I got a link to the same help section I started with and no further instructions. 

Does anyone know what steps I need to take to add the reference billing to my paypal website check out? I'm not a coder or a psychic.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.