Re-directing to a Thank You Page

lauris1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am new on this forum and I would like to find some informations about "Re-directing to a Thank You Page" on my merchant account.

I don' t really know if this is the good board to post it...

a topic is already existing but is very old, 2009 actually. 

So, I am wondering if there is an update on this. It is written : 

"How it works:
* If the buyer pays with a PayPal account, they are automatically taken back to the site.

* If the buyer pays with the Credit Card Option, they are taken to the receipt page where PayPal gives them the chance to print out a receipt. This is a legal requirement. After that, the buyer must click on the "Return to Merchant" link in order to return to the site."

my question is concerning the second point "if the buyer pays with the Credit Card Option". I would like to know if since 2009 this statement is still valid or there is a change and if this is now working like  "If the buyer pays with a PayPal account", meaning the buyer is automatically taken back to the site.

thanks in advance for any response and help.

L.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If you're using PayPal Standard you can enable Auto-Return, and this would work no matter how it was paid. However, the Auto-Return does not trigger for about 10 seconds, so if the user closes the browser or just leaves they wouldn't make it back.

If you want to ensure that the user makes it back to your site then you should use the Checkout APIs. This way the process always ends up back within your site/app to complete.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.