Questions about the Donate button "Donate to Specific Program" feature

joseph_huber
New Community Member

Hello!

When creating a Donate button, on the second page, there is an item "Let your donors choose specific programs for their donations?".  If you choose this option, a field appears where you can add different "Programs" to a list that the user can select from. A couple of questions:

1) When using the button, selecting something from this list is Optional.  Is there a way to make the user pick one of the programs?

2) How is this Program list information used?  Is it tied to some field that can be included in the activity report?  I looked through the list of things that can be included in the activity report, and I certainly could have missed it, but there didn't seem to be a report field that was related to this "Program" list.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Greyhounds18
New Community Member

I am ok with the drop-down program list being optional. For our foundation, we consider any donation that is not specified in the drop-down list to go to our General Fund. However, I am having the same issue with reporting. I cannot seem to find a report that will include this drop-down selection for the program. I am currently opening up each transaction. As we get larger this will become very difficult to manage. 

Login to Me Too

everettunity
Contributor
Contributor

I would like a required option, but what's the point if there's no way to report out the users choice???

Login to Me Too

JahWorksInc
New Community Member

Also a nonprofit here. I can see the program selected on individual donations made, as you've said, @Greyhounds18 (although agree that as we grow the manual process to discover these will be overwhelming).

My issue is that when a monthly recurring donation is made to a selected program, there is NOWHERE I have found that shows where that is captured within the transaction or reporting or otherwise.

Has anyone had any luck finding a way to see what program the donor selected on monthly recurring donations? I'm considering having to set up a separate button for each program for contributions - but I don't prefer that method. I also have a chat open with PayPal Customer Service, but no luck there either yet. This is kind of a deal breaker for us using PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.