PaypalHere app much needed features

WCIC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We are a non-profit 501(c)3 organization and have set up two donation Kiosks (ipads with paypal here app) that people could use and give donations.  We are seeing few issues that would like to bring up here and there may already be few workarounds for them or if we could request an Enhancement Request in the app?

1. Restrict users from making any changes in items (setup) etc or even logging out, so they can only make the donation and nothing else.  Using Guided Access in ipad but we are not able to block all the areas of the touch screen.

2. Option to disable inactivity logout feature

3. Option to add an organization logo

4. Option to add a custom message (from the donor when making the donation)

5. Require an e-mail address for an official receipt or even an address

6. Option to pay by check (check processing)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Just some thoughts assuming I'm understanding what you have in mind.

Unfortunately I don't believe the PayPal Here app was intended to be used in that manor (at least not from what I've seen to date).   If you're just allowing the public to use the app on their own, you're setting yourself up for failure.   With Business Accounts, there is a feature whereas you can add users and assign specific permissions however, this feature is intended for people who help you with your business or organization.  There's not really an option for setting up guest access for unattended use.  PayPal Here works great if you have employees or volunteers entering the donation info for the donors but, it not was intended for people to enter their own info.  

You can add your organization logo or graphic - one way to do this is through your Business account.  After you login to your account, click on Tools, then All Tools, then PayPal Here. 

As for a custom message back to your donors - there's no options to support that but, there are work arounds.   PayPal has a feature called IPN or Instant Payment Notification that could send a custom email back to the donor.  You can learn more about it here.

With the PayPal Here app, if you have an employee or volunteer entering the info, they can also collect additional info from the donor.

And being able to accept payment by check - at one time this was a feature (you could take a photo of it) however, due to fraud, that feature was discontinued some time back.

One possible option:  if your goal is to setup an unattended type kiosk for donors - then using a tablet that would display a web page with a browser based HTML form may work better.   The donor enters the amount, chooses a reason or purpose, inputs any other info needed and completes the payment on the PayPal Checkout screens and can then receive an email with the transaction info.    It may take the help of a developer to work out all of the details but, in the end, you would have a better solution as it could not be altered or changed on the fly.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Just some thoughts assuming I'm understanding what you have in mind.

Unfortunately I don't believe the PayPal Here app was intended to be used in that manor (at least not from what I've seen to date).   If you're just allowing the public to use the app on their own, you're setting yourself up for failure.   With Business Accounts, there is a feature whereas you can add users and assign specific permissions however, this feature is intended for people who help you with your business or organization.  There's not really an option for setting up guest access for unattended use.  PayPal Here works great if you have employees or volunteers entering the donation info for the donors but, it not was intended for people to enter their own info.  

You can add your organization logo or graphic - one way to do this is through your Business account.  After you login to your account, click on Tools, then All Tools, then PayPal Here. 

As for a custom message back to your donors - there's no options to support that but, there are work arounds.   PayPal has a feature called IPN or Instant Payment Notification that could send a custom email back to the donor.  You can learn more about it here.

With the PayPal Here app, if you have an employee or volunteer entering the info, they can also collect additional info from the donor.

And being able to accept payment by check - at one time this was a feature (you could take a photo of it) however, due to fraud, that feature was discontinued some time back.

One possible option:  if your goal is to setup an unattended type kiosk for donors - then using a tablet that would display a web page with a browser based HTML form may work better.   The donor enters the amount, chooses a reason or purpose, inputs any other info needed and completes the payment on the PayPal Checkout screens and can then receive an email with the transaction info.    It may take the help of a developer to work out all of the details but, in the end, you would have a better solution as it could not be altered or changed on the fly.

Login to Me Too

WCIC
Contributor
Contributor

You are absolutely correct in your understanding of the issue and we understand the Paypal here app is not intended for this.  I thought may be someone is listening and they can add these features.  I agree with the webpage that can serve the purpose.  We may need to explore this option instead.  As one time, we noticed someone tried to login using their own paypal account and if we would not have noticed, the donations could have been going into that account instead... scary...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.