Paypal with Shopify : unable to process payment at this time, return to the merchant

Haunted_Family
New Community Member

After connecting my shopify account to paypal express checkout I get this error "We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method."

Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 18.28.49.png

The email made to create the shopify account is not the same as the one I made to create the paypal account but I also tested with the shopify email address set as the default one in paypal and it's still not working.

- Also not sure if it's relevant but when I tried to activate paypal on shopify I had to retry several time until it worked

- I also tested to setup everything and tried to pay in incognito mode but it still doesn't work

- I tried to pay with different paypal account from different country but none from the country the account is from (Ukraine) as I don't have one to test on

- I also don't use Shopify Payments but a third party provider for credit card payment

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.