Paypal receipt

debbiey1
Contributor
Contributor

I used my credit card (not linked to my Paypal account) at an outdoor fayre at the weekend (seller had one of those portable card machines).  No receipt was given, but somehow the receipt ended up being sent to my sister's email in Australia as a Paypal receipt?  How is this possible?!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi @debbiey1

I can see how that would be confusing! 

With how PayPal works, if your sister has previously used your card to make a purchase online, it will group the purchases together and send to the email address that was previously used. I apologize if this created concern. The next time you make a purchase like this, if you provide a different email address for a receipt, the receipt will go to the correct location. 

Thanks, 

Drew

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi @debbiey1

I can see how that would be confusing! 

With how PayPal works, if your sister has previously used your card to make a purchase online, it will group the purchases together and send to the email address that was previously used. I apologize if this created concern. The next time you make a purchase like this, if you provide a different email address for a receipt, the receipt will go to the correct location. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.