Paypal Working Capital

crown_music
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone please help.   I have an outstanding record with Working Capital.  All my loans are fully repaid (the last very swiftly) and each invested very wisely at the time to increase turnover.  This current period is a great opportunity to obtain stock to list in preparation of things lifting, and to time manage the day to maximise future returns.  But I keep getting this message... ... Sorry.. Paypal Working Capital Is Not Available For Your Business At Present".  I've spoken to paypal by phone - They said "keep trying" - they said my account is outstanding.... They could offer no explanation. .. They suggested I write in for an email response from the Working Capital team.   I've written twice.. the first time I was told to retry in a week by which time they could advise what was stopping it... I did this but they told me to "retry in 90 days" instead.   Has anyone else had this happen.  I am very disheartened as I feel paypal are not supporting me after I have created a paypal business with 15 years trading and loyalty too.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Lending in general is tightening up in some ways, and loosening up in others. Banks are lending for the stimulus right now, and some are removing other things like HELOCs or tightening up restrictions on loans in general.

It sounds like maybe the systems are just now allowing you through in this current environment. It could be something about credit score or changes in requirements to account history, or any number of things.

Retrying in 90 days would be helpful if things turn around and get back to "normal".

Just my speculation.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Twinkletoosiesx
Contributor
Contributor
I am also the same. I have had 11 before, all paid off no issues and was looking for my 12th. Been denied even though my sales have been consistent and even better since COVID19 started. Have tried to phone and also email but they told me no working capital staff were available. I was looking to buy a large amount of stock but not able to. So disappointed in PayPal about this.
Login to Me Too

Snap9
Contributor
Contributor

I owe $10,500 of a $23,000 working capital loan. My question is: If I pay the balance in full, will I be offered another opportunity to apply for a 4th loan? Since paypal working capital is currently not deducting the 30% repayment, I wonder if you are making new loans? Thank you

Login to Me Too

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor
I wouldn’t. I did, and many many other users have posted saying they did for the same reason. I paid a lump sum off mine in hopes of freeing up another one and have been declined for a week straight. Given the posts on community, I feel like just no one is being approved? But surely if that’s the case PayPal owe it to their sellers, to make that clear and stop allowing people to think that they can apply and might be approved. It seems really dishonest that the site and the staff are saying to keep trying, if actually there is no hope of approval, or things have significant tightened up enough that most will decline.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.