Paypal Working Capital Decline - Error Code DLGJ0908

Sunflower84
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have had 3 successful Paypal Working Capital loans but recently, after paying off my last one (even early, in a big payment) successfully, I have been getting declined. I am trying daily for the past month since paying off my last loan.

I was getting decline codes that I see were common with everyone else in these forums (DLGJ0654 was a common one). So I just keep trying daily like everyone suggested in the forums and even the Paypal rep suggested. 

However this week I started to get a new code that I haven't seen yet - DLGJ0908. Has anyone seen this code? Has anyone figured out what it means yet?

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Taahirshakeel
Contributor
Contributor
Hello members, Does anyone was able to find or know the reason for this code ? Cause i haven't received any email from paypal my standing is good no disputes good numbers coming in their eligibility criteria is less i think i am over qualified for that but it gives this error when i try and its my first ever loan with them was there any luck ?? Any help is appreciated
Login to Me Too

Sunflower84
Contributor
Contributor
A rep told me it's the code for inconsistent/seasonal sales. They need to see more consistent sales and ensure its just not "seasonal"
Login to Me Too

Sunflower84
Contributor
Contributor
Update: after nearly 5 months of getting this error code several times a week when re-applying, I finally was approved for a small loan. Half the amount than my previous loans, despite sales being nearly identical to the same time last year. So frustrating, but at least it's something.
Login to Me Too

Okrib
Contributor
Contributor

The lending seems to have started being approved again.

We had a small loan (£30,000) about 2 months ago, and then were offered and took £60,000 which we paid back within 3 weeks. Now just been offered and accepted £110,000.

I think volume and history helps, we take a fair amount through PayPal, but despite that we kept getting error codes from May onwards last year.

Login to Me Too

loopycatuk
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I’m pleased to hear they offered you a higher amount. I was offered a smaller amount in jan even though my sales have almost doubled. I was denied for approx 2 months prior with no issues on my account. I paid this off with a lump sum as I usually would about 2 weeks ago & now getting denied with an error code 0645? I’ve not had this one before. Can I ask if you were approved right away and do you sell on eBay at all? I’m not on eBay managed payments yet and a lot of my sales come from my website, some eBay. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Okrib
Contributor
Contributor

We don't sell on eBay, just direct through our own website. Probably 30% of sales are done with PayPal. Will be circa £6m this year, so a not insignificant sum.

We're up about 400% year on year but they only started lending to us again a few weeks ago. We did lots of applications in the second half of last year and got different error codes.

We never overpaid, we just let the % do the work, we do it on 25% usually and get it paid off quickly. We paid back the last £60,000 in 3 weeks and then they offered us £110,000 a couple of days later.

Login to Me Too

loopycatuk
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I’ll keep trying . All the best for a good year 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.