Paypal Payment Missing, Not in activity, not in pending. No where to be found.

TsAmberFox
New Community Member

I recently made an E-bay account, and sold an item for around 80 dollars. I had Paypal linked, but it wasn't verified because I hadn't verified my e-mail at that time, so I received an e-mail stating that someone sent me the 80 dollars, and that I'd have to verify my e-mail to get the payment. I then verify it, and they state that since the user purchased the item with a credit card, I'd have to upgrade to a business account, so I upgraded. I then still never received any payment, my activity is blank for the past 30 days, as are my pending, despite getting e-mails from Paypal that state that this Ebay user sent me the payment for the item.

This isn't fair because this will affect the score I receive from the buyer and it is affecting me because I need the money for bills and I am getting fed up with this. My mother and I spoke with them on the phone for an hour and a half and they said someone would e-mail me from Paypal, an "expert", well, no one ever e-mailed me, but I got 5 e-mails stating that my e-mail was changed to something else, which I have no idea what that is.

Hopefully someone in the community has either had a similar problem and were able to resolve it, or can somehow help me, because Paypal hasn't helped me thus far,

Thanks for any help,

-TS

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TsAmberFox,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you've encountered with your eBay sale. I'll be happy to help.

If you confirmed your email address after the sale but the transaction still hasn't shown up, there are a few possibilities.

One is that there is a technical issue, which a customer support representative should be able to troubleshoot and fix (which is what it sounds like a representative tried to do by removing and re-adding your email address, hence the emails you received). 

Another possibility is that the email that you received may have been a fake. Please take a look at the article I linked to see if you can spot any of the tell-tale markings of a fake email. 

The last thing I can think of is the possibility that your email address was misspelled in your eBay listing. There are some instructions in this thread from @kernowlass, for checking your listings to see what email address you used. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.