Paypal Kicking Small Business Owners When They're Down Denying Working Capital Loans

SFSAlesAuctions
Contributor
Contributor

It's really frustrating, let me rephrase that.   It really **bleep** me off that paypal uses a sales algorithm for the purpose of giving you a working capital loan and denies you based on the fact that my state had us shut down for 2 months because of Covid-19. If Paypal truly cared about small businesses they wouldn't factor in months we were forced to shut down due to Covid-19.  I just paid off a working capital loan very quickly despite the shutdown and needed another.  The powers that be at Paypal said now my business isn't worthy because we had no sales for two months. This from a company that claims they care about what were going through?  What a joke! So we get kicked by Covid and Paypal chooses to do the same.  And don't waste your time calling customer service, because the lady i got didn't seem like she cared too much.  Why should she she has a job!   I've been with Paypal for 20 years and it may be time to explore other avenues to take customer payments, because paypal doesn't seem to care about it's customers anymore!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

RevitalizeKatie
Contributor
Contributor
I think that paypal capital is shut down completely. I say this because I’ve had 5 paid in full loans the last one for $60,000. And have not been offered a new one and keep getting declined. My sales actually went up due to Covid. So I don’t think it’s discriminating. They really should be more transparent with their customers.
Login to Me Too

SFSAlesAuctions
Contributor
Contributor
That’s the truth. I was told I was denied because of no sales in April and May. Where is the company that supposedly says they care about small business? They are pretty much lying to their customers. I’m definitely looking into other payment options like square or Apple Pay.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.