Paypal Here software issues

whowadat
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

We are very small vendors at a local trade show. We use the Paypal Here "Chip Card Reader" to process Debit/CC cards when the need arises. We really haven't had any issues with the exception of one, and that issue caused a 1st time problem yesterday. I'm hoping to learn more about the Paypal Here app which we use on an Apple Ipad and Apple phones in conjunction with the CCR

We have had repeating issues in 2019 with the software on our Ipad….everything has been updated, a factory reset has been done to the CCR in the recent past. Basically it pairs up great via blue tooth, we type in the sales amount on the Ipad, insert the card, and wait for the App to process payment. Everything works properly until the customer "sign" popup displays....if the customer doesn't sign quickly...like within 15 seconds....the "sign" pop up window grays out and the smaller "processing" pop up window comes back up. The "processing" window will stay up and appear to be processing....for ever....at least until mine and the customer's patience wear out. We then go back have to press the "cancel" button and start the process all over.

So the main problem we are having is the customer "sign" popup becomes unusable within 10-15 seconds, and the App goes back to processing the payment.

What happened yesterday as a result of this issue was some how or another my wife either hit a button on the Ipad touch screen, or a software glitch occurred which kept us from canceling the payment and starting over. She asked for help and when I came over a popup window I had never seen before was on the screen of the Ipad. At the time not knowing what it was, a series of errors on our part occurred when we made assumptions. We discovered when we got home that the screen that popped up was a screen to send an invoice. Here we were at the point of sale with the customers Debit/CC having already been read with a sales amount typed into the App, so we assumed the popup screen related to the payment having been successful. My wife handed over the Ipad to the customer thinking we were giving the customer the option of having a sales receipt texted or e-mailed, the customer typed her e-mail for a receipt, we thanked her for her purchase, and went on to the next sale. We tried to cancel the process and start over, but we could not get out of the "invoice" screen no matter what we tried.

Much to our chagrin we discovered later that the payment had not been processed, we had not been paid, and the customer walked off with a valuable item not having paid for it.  We are now having to find the customer via her gmail e-mail account.

So, question number 2 I guess is where can I go to learn all about the features of Paypal Here and the CCR we use so I can recognize what is going on and not create more problems for ourselves in the future. And if anyone knows how to get out of the invoice screen back into the process payment screen that would be helpful.

I would also suggest that an off line feature be added to the Paypal Here software, unless someone tells me differently there is no way currently to "re-capture" the customer's payment information and charge her card a second time properly. If there was an off line feature, I would of had her card information saved for a period of time anyways.

Thanks for any answers/advice/suggestions in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

whowadat
Contributor
Contributor

Nobody having similar problems who've discovered a solution ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.